The NBA is back on the 31st of July!
Following that the lottery is expected to be held August 25, with the draft following on October 15, per Adrian Wojnarowski.
That means Mock Drafts are back, and in BR's latest Illawarra's own LaMelo Ball is tipped to go number 1 overall (to the Pistons).
Two through ten are as follows:
2. Atlanta Hawks: Anthony Edwards (Georgia, SG)
3. Washington Wizards: James Wiseman (Memphis, C)
4. Minnesota Timberwolves: Obi Toppin (Dayton, PF)
5. Golden State Warriors: Tyrese Haliburton (Iowa State, PG/SG)
6. Cleveland Cavaliers: Onyeka Okongwu (USC, C)
7. New York Knicks: Cole Anthony (North Carolina, PG)
8. Chicago Bulls: Killian Hayes (Ratiopharm Ulm, PG)
9. Charlotte Hornets: Deni Avdija (Maccabi Tel Aviv, SF/PF)
10. Phoenix Suns: Isaac Okoro (Auburn, SF/PF)
The mock draft has RJ Hampton going 14 to the Portland Trail Blazers (that'd be so fucking sick).
We've spoke about it before, but if Melo goes 1-3 which is looking increasingly more likely, it will have massive ripple effects for hoops down in this part of the world.
Not only will Normy be doing backflips in the kennel, but it will show other prospects that you can come play down under, get paid, grow the game, and not hurt but actually improve your draft stock.